Moving to a new home is a very exciting event. With all that excitement, it can be a stressful and harried time, even for the most hardy among us. Use our checklist below to remember important details:
- Transfer utilities to your name at least one business day before close of escrow. You want to make sure that the service is active when you move in. The utilities that you need to be most concerned about in this regard are water, electricity and gas. See contact numbers for Las Vegas and Henderson utility companies. This is a comprehensive list of the accounts that you need to inquire about:
-- Water and sewer
-- Natural gas
-- Cable or satellite TV
-- Trash collection
-- Security/alarm systems
- Re-Key your new property. If you purchase a Home Warranty plan, ask your provider about re-keying service.
- Order mail forwarding. If using community mailbox, visit your local post office and ask to re-key your box.
- Replace the batteries in the smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Vacuum out the vents (with a hose attachment) before turning on the HVAC.
Need recommendations? Tap into our rolodex of local resources.